It is the Company’s objective to ensure the health, safety and welfare at work, of its employees, contractors, visitors and members of the public, so far as is reasonably practicable by:
- Seeking to provide and maintain for every employee systems of work, equipment and working conditions which are safe and without risk to health.
- Carrying out detailed risk assessment of all hazards associated with work carried out and developing and implementing control measures appropriate to the degree of risk.
- Providing appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision for new and existing employees to enable them to cope with the specific health and safety aspects and responsibilities associated with their job and place of work.
- Providing to contractors and visitors, information on hazards that might affect their health and safety.
- Providing adequate facilities and arrangements for employees’ welfare at work.
- Conducting operations in such a way as to avoid endangering the health and safety of the general public.
- Ensuring the collection of up to date information on the toxicity and potential hazards of all substances used by the Company.
- Limiting exposure to, and where necessary monitoring the use of substances hazardous to health as an ongoing priority. Particular care will be taken with the introduction of new substances and the risk will be assessed as required.
- Endeavoring to identify any risks to health of habitual VDU users.
- Supplying products, which are safe when properly used for their intended purpose.
Developing, implementing and reviewing policies, procedures and standards to achieve safe working conditions which avoid risk to health and taking all other steps necessary to fulfil its statutory duties.
Mardan believes that real progress in this field can only be achieved by a continuing commitment to optimise health and safety standards in the day to day conduct of the business and we recognises that the promotion of health and safety at work is an essential function of good management.
Health and safety at work is of the highest priority, therefore the management willcontinentally seek toimprove operating procedures and safe working practices. Every employee is expected to participate actively in improvements which support a safe, healthy working environment. Every person has a legal duty to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of fellow employees. Compliance with Company standards and procedures will ensure that appropriate safe methods of working are employed and that individuals are fulfilling their statutory duties.
We also ensure our management team undergo regular training to ensure they are up-to-date and certified in all aspect of Health and Safety and welfare.